We know how important the first year of school is for you and your child. To help parents of new entrants to the school, the class teacher is able to provide a detailed description of our Foundation Stage. We begin our journey together in EYFS and believe that a strong partnership between home and school helps your child to flourish. Our priority is that all children have a happy start to their school life and they enjoy each and every day that they spend with us.
1. Our standards are set to ensure that every child makes progress and no child is left behind.
2. Every child is included and there is an equality of opportunity for all.
3. A working partnership is established between school and parents/carers, professionals and other settings they may attend.
4. An approach that ensures your child's care and learning is of high quality.
5. We lay a secure foundation for future learning.
We operate a continuous provision model, meaning that your child will become an independent learner and begin to take responsibility for their own learning and development. Within the learning and development theme there are SEVEN areas of learning from the basis of the curriculum. These areas are:
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Communication and Language
Understanding the World
Expressive Art and Design
We teach your child knowledge, skills and understanding through a topic based curriculum to ensure they access a variety of learning experiences and secure a good foundation for their lifelong learning. The topics that we teach stem from the children's interests and passions.